The Hurricane Happenings program is BACK and as simple to participate in as 1, 2, 3.
- Attend events.
- Accumulate points by scanning a QR code* with your smartphone.
- Get Milestone Prizes!
GSW Athletics has teamed up with several departments and organizations on campus, including the Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs task force, to provide a student, faculty, staff and fan incentive program that rewards those who support selected campus events or activities.
Earn a BUNCH of points this week during GSW Fall Fest
Look for Hurricane Happenings' QR code scan sheet(s) at the following events:
- HIV/AIDS & Alcohol Awareness
BINGO in the SSC Game Room (4pm), Self Defense Presentation in the
Intramural Gym (7pm), Bed Bash in the SSC Conference Rooms
Convocation "Enduring Regret" in
Jackson Hall (11am), Drunk Driving Simulator outside the Marshall
Student Center (12-4pm), Talent Show in Centennial Plaza (7pm)
Thursday - Walk the Line in the Marshall Student Center (11am-1pm), Fall Fest Basketball Tip-Off in the Storm Dome (6:30pm), Breast Cancer Fashion Show in the SSC Conference Rooms (8pm)
Friday - Movie Night in the Dome at 9pm in the Storm
GSW Men's Soccer vs. Francis Marion at
Hurricane Field (3:30pm), Grilled Pollo Cookout at the Lake House
How does the program work?
Those who come to Hurricane Happenings events need to be on the lookout for a posted QR code (most likely at the main entrance). Just scan the code with your phone, use your log in information to your facebook account and start accumulating points that work toward receiving prizes! (Note: Upon scanning your first code in the program you will be prompted to install a LOYALTIVA app on your phone after logging into facebook. Click "INSTALL" and you're good to go.)
Here's a look at some of the Milestone Prizes available:
- Team autographed merchandise
- GSW Adidas apparel
- A Hurricane Birthday Party
- Throw out a first pitch at a GSW baseball or softball game
- Participate in a ceremonial "opening tip" at a GSW basketball game
- Meet the team, watch from courtside seats and enjoy 2Duke's Bar-B-Que, popcorn and soft drinks for up to six (6) people at a GSW basketball game
Don't have the QR scanner app?
- No problem! You can easily download a free scanner application to your phone! Try QR Code City's "Scan" for the iPhone. It reads code and loads sites without haste, and lacks annoying commercial messages. "Scan" is also available for Android. (Note: There are several free apps available)
Don't have a smartphone?
- An email sign-up option will be available at most events or - if you're attending with a friend - borrow one (login is unique for each user and points are tallied as such)
* A QR Code (abbreviated from Quick Response Code) is the trademark for a type of matrix barcode (or two-dimensional code). Users with a camera phone equipped with the correct reader application (free to download, see above) can scan the image of the QR Code to display text, contact information, connect to a wireless network, or open a web page in the phone's browser. A unique code will be used for each Hurricane Happenings event or point-earning posting.
Still not sure? Contact the GSW athletics marketing office at 931.2217 for more information.