- Standard golf balls are comparable weight and size will be numbered 1 to 2,000
- The golf balls will be audited by a representative from an independent accounting firm to ensure that all balls are present.
- The balls will then be placed in sealed containers and certified by a representative of the independent accounting firm that all balls are present and accounted for.
- The containers holding the golf balls will be stored in a secure location (possibly GSW Campus Police office) until the day of the event.
- Under the observation of security personnel, the golf balls from the sealed containers will be transferred into transport containers.
- The helicopter will then proceed to take off and approach the drop zone where it will hover. The balls will then be released over the target (golf pin).
- Once all balls have been dropped, determination of the winners will take place.
- The event will be streamed live on a Georgia Southwestern Athletic Department social media account.
- A member of the Georgia Southwestern Athletic Department will maintain a master list of balls purchased, the ticket’s assigned owner and contact information at all times.
- A pre-determined staff member from Georgia Southwestern Athletic Department will be in charge of measuring the balls that land closest to the target along with the ball that is farthest away.
- The athletics staff member, under the direct observation of the university director of athletics (or their designee), will approach the drop zone for the purpose of determining the winners.
- The aforementioned observers will determine the grand prize winning ball based on which ball has landed closest to the designated target (flag pin) and then the next winning ball and so forth until all winning balls have been determined.
- In the event of a tie, winners will split the two prizes that would have been won based on their position. For example, if the two balls closest to the target are equal distance away, winners would split the first and second place prizes.
- The athletics staff member, along with the director of athletics, will certify all winning balls by signing a “Statement of Certification.”
- Winners will then be announced during the reception and posted on-line at www.gswathletics.com as soon as possible after the winning balls are determined.
- Winners do not have to be present to win.
Claiming of Prizes
- In cases where a winner isn’t present at the reception, or may not have visited the website, university athletic staff will make all reasonable attempts to contact the winner via the contact information he or she provided on the ticket information form.
- During normal business hours, winners may contact Georgia Southwestern’s director of athletics at (229) 931-2225
- Any prize money not claimed by noon on May 17, 2019, will be considered unclaimed and dedicated to student-athlete scholarships at Georgia Southwestern State University.